- 1 Video
- 1 Multimedia
The course provides a concise overview of how to “hack” Google and unlock hidden online intelligence. You’ll learn advanced search techniques and commands that take you deep into Google’s darkest corners and reveal buried Google information that most users are unable to retrieve and completely miss.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- The Control F Technique.
- The Google Playground
- Google Tagging
- Google Filtering
- Semantic Improv
- The Algorithm of You
Upon completion of this course you will have learned how to:
- Compose search strings to gather the most relevant and accurate online information.
- Add contextual words to boost time, geographical and industry relevancy.
- Target your searches to specific phrases, domains and file types.
- Focus your Google searches to single, specific websites.
- Uncover hidden website connections and elements that most people overlook.
- Blend different filters and techniques together to create search string “cocktails” that generate an extra boost of relevancy not possible using individual commands.
- Use different descriptions, synonyms, spellings and word order in your search strings to generate fresh and relevant results.
- Remove invasive “noise” and “static” in your search results and amplify the accuracy “signal.”
- Use the powerful “control F technique” – a simple command unknown to 90% of users but cuts search time by 12%.
- Use keyword brainstorming tools to break out of keyword ruts and expand your awareness of different options, channels and verbiage to explore any topic.
- Improve your fact checking by deploying semantic “baggage” filters and URL “signaling” techniques to cut through bias and misinformation.
- Determine source credibility by using the quick ABC Method to test the accuracy and authenticity of any website.
- Use wildcard strategies that instruct Google to fill in the blanks and find missing information.
- Tinker with the “start in the weeds” strategy and other alternative methods of interpreting the Google search results page.
- Utilize “black hat” searching techniques to snoop for “data leakage” and dig up confidential and personal information on Google.
- Deploy “peripheral searching” techniques to search offline in the “real world” and complement your online Google searches.
- Keep up to date on the latest Google search news and monitor how their online discovery tools evolve.
Practitioners at all levels who want to improve their Google search skills and deepen their understanding of how to use the service to:
- gather information for accounting and business,
- inform critical decisions in their professional and personal lives, and
- discover knowledge other people don’t know and find out things earlier and faster.
Presenter Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information and has no affiliation or vested interest in Google or any of the technologies reviewed in the course.
Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is a professional development consultant to accountants, lawyers, engineers, doctors and pro sports executives worldwide. He advises high-skill decision-makers how to thrive in the digital age and unleash their online potential using productivity, search, mobile and social technologies.