- 1 Video
- 1 Multimedia
The course provides a concise overview of powerful Google search properties, content streams, niche online libraries and much more that are below the mainstream radar but offer huge value to accountants and businesspeople.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Google Alerts.
- Feedly and RSS Feeds
- Google Trends and Survey Tools
- Mobile Search Apps
- Google Verticals and Niche Archives
- YouTube the Search Engine
- Searching Google’s Social Layer
Upon completion of this course you will have learned how to:
- Use Google to continuously monitor your world and gather the most correct, complete and current intelligence streams on any research topic.
- Set up an alerts system that automatically and instantly notifies you when new industry information appears online.
- Track the “unknown unknowns” in your industry to receive early warnings and avoid being blindsided or sideswiped by new competitors, products or technology.
- Monitor all your favourite websites, blogs, video channels and more from a single dashboard.
- Use Google to forecast buyer intentions in specific countries and cities around the world.
- Search Google on your smartphone, tablet and other mobile devices.
- Go beyond text searches and scan the web using your voice, images, barcodes, quick response (QR) codes and more.
- Search images by subject, size, color and type.
- Search maps for local information and reviews.
- Create a personalized news channel that tracks your specific interests and favourite sources.
- Scan for products by availability, category, price, brand and more.
- Search scholarly reports, legal documents and patents.
- Scan for stocks by price, valuation, dividend, financial ratios and more.
- Search YouTube videos by channels, playlists, upload date, categories, duration and features.
Practitioners at all levels who want to improve their Google search skills and deepen their understanding of how to use the service to:
- gather information for accounting and business,
- inform critical decisions in their professional and personal lives, and
- discover knowledge other people don’t know and find out things earlier and faster.
Presenter Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information and has no affiliation or vested interest in Google or any of the technologies reviewed in the course.
Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is a professional development consultant to accountants, lawyers, engineers, doctors and pro sports executives worldwide. He advises high-skill decision-makers how to thrive in the digital age and unleash their online potential using productivity, search, mobile and social technologies.