- 1 Video
- 1 Multimedia
This course provides a concise overview of more than 140 data visualization resources that can be used by accountants to enhance the visual appeal of their accounting reports. Absolutely no design or artistic skill is required and all visualizations may be created with simple drag and drop, point and click, cut and paste commands.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- What are Data Visualization, Mapping and Graphic Design.
- Why Accountants Need to “Go Picasso” Now
- Using Legos for Data Visualization
- Design Crowdsourcing Marketplaces
- Search Visualizations
- Excel Visualization Apps and Dashboard Secrets
- Word Clouds
- Video Production and Live Broadcasting
- Interactive Images
- Mind Maps and Brainstorming
- Presentations 2.0
- 3D Design and Manufacturing
- Animations/Special Effects
- Data Visualization Resources
Upon completion of this course you will have learned how to:
- Define data visualization, mapping and graphic design and their growing importance in a “post-literate” billion-screen world.
- Examine why accountants need to “go Picasso” and enhance their visualization skills.
- Review little-known Excel plug-ins and features that can easily and instantly improve the visual appeal of any accounting report.
- List word cloud tools that can help in the analysis of text, narrow topics into keywords and highlight key report messages.
- Review leading online mapping tools and how they can be used by accountants to create custom geolocation displays, placemarks, heat maps and more with ease.
- Discuss revolutionary new communication platforms -- Google Hangouts and Helpouts -- and how they can be utilized to replace travel for client meetings, internal training, team collaboration, job interviews, focus groups, town halls and countless other accounting events.
- Highlight interactive image applications that allow you to embed rich media -- videos, photos, audio and more -- in online documents and make financial reports literally come alive.
- List simple-to-use design tools that enable you to create professional-looking infographics and visual resumes from drag-and-drop templates in seconds.
- Review software that allows you to develop real-time dashboards and business metric displays.
- Summarize the highest-rated crowdsourcing services where you can outsource your visualization and design projects for as little as $5.
Practitioners at all levels who want to improve the visual appeal of their accounting reports and boost the understandability, credibility and shareability of their financial communications.
Presenter Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information and has no affiliation or vested interest in any of the technologies reviewed in the course.
Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is a professional development consultant to accountants, lawyers, engineers, doctors and pro sports executives worldwide. He advises high-skill decision-makers how to thrive in the digital age and unleash their online potential using productivity, search, mobile and social technologies.