- 1 Video
- 1 Multimedia
The course provides a concise overview of Google’s more than 200 online enterprise tools and services that can be used by accountants for communication, publishing, mobile connectivity, advertising, entrepreneurship and more. Note: this does not cover Google Apps which is covered in the separate Google Apps for Accountants course.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- The Google Productivity Tool Ecosystem
- Communication and Publishing Tools -- Get Your Business Online, Google+, Communities, Analytics, Groups, Consumer Surveys, Moderators, Blogger, Schemer, Vault, Fiber, Free Zone).
- Mobile - Essential Apps
- Advertising Services – AdWords, Display Network, Google Offers, AdSense.
- Online Commerce – Trusted Stores, Wallet, Merchant Center.
- Mapping Products – Maps Engine Lite, Transit, Places for Business.
- Webmaster and Developer Resources – Webmaster Central, Developer, Cloud Platform, Programming Languages.
- Entrepreneurship Development – Research and Development, Google for Entrepreneurs.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Google Giving, Google.org, Crisis Response, Public Alerts.
- Google Help Networks – Google Blogs, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn.
Upon completion of this course you will have learned how to:
- Get a free Google business listing, easy-to-build website and customized domain name.
- Use Google Blogger to create a custom blog for your professional or personal use and incorporate photo publishing, comments, mobile-based posting and more with little technical knowledge..
- Utilize Google Analytics as a measurement tool for your business and gather detailed statistics on the number of visits, unique visitors, page views and more on your website or blog.
- Use Google Groups to create custom user groups, mailing lists and online forums to share information and drive discussions inside and outside your enterprise.
- Utilize Google Consumer Surveys to develop custom market research and arrange virtual focus groups at a fraction of the cost of in-person focus groups.
- Use Google Moderator for crowdsourcing and managing feedback from clients and staff who can submit and rank user-submitted questions, suggestions and ideas.
- Use Google AdWords to launch and manage online ad campaigns that are highly targeted to specific demographics, locations and technologies.
- Utilize AdSense to earn revenue by displaying relevant ads on websites, mobile apps, and site search results.
- Participate in Google-sponsored entrepreneurship and startup events across the country and around the world.
- Access Google’s hundreds of corporate blogs, Google+ pages, Twitter feeds, Facebook pages, YouTube channels, LinkedIn employee profiles and more to connect directly with Google staff and get inside information on Google products and services.
Practitioners at all levels who want to explore Google’s huge ecosystem of enterprise products, tools and support services to add value to their accounting work and operations.
Presenter Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information and has no affiliation or vested interest in Google or any of the technologies reviewed in the course.
Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is a professional development consultant to accountants, lawyers, engineers, doctors and pro sports executives worldwide. He advises high-skill decision-makers how to thrive in the digital age and unleash their online potential using productivity, search, mobile and social technologies.